Friday, June 17, 2011

Stuff We Did This Week: Stanley Cup Edition

-Shopping for Sugarcane:-
On Tuesday, we took a trip down to the river (without that weird dude Charles) to attend to some important business. Stephanie brought some kids to help us negotiate a fair price for the “Muwa” (sugarcane). Although we caused a pretty big scene, it seemed like the people in the village enjoyed the excitement. I think we paid pretty close to market value (1,000 Tsch…Less than $1 USD) for the 3 huge sticks of muwa.

- Thanks Chapman:- On Wednesday, we connected with Chapman Middle School in Weymouth. Once again, the Weymouth schools brought their A game! (Still unemployed…just sayin!) Thanks again, to Mr. Miller and his class!

-Half Chicken, Half Duck:- Move over Napoleon Dynamite, there’s a new animal that’s replaced the “Liger” I don’t even know what to call this thing…It has the body of a duck, but chicken feathers!

-Conflicting Dreams:- Ok, so apparently Jesus made an appearance in Stephanie’s dream the other night. Coincidently, I also had a powerful revelation the same night…I ate a bacon egg cheese croissant and washed it down w/ a large ice coffee(Ya, I know this is a pretty good indicator of a variety of things…)

-The 39 Year Curse of Dale Arnold is Over:- Congrats to the B’s on the huge win! I’m not gonna lie, the Bruins were definitely 4th on my sports barometer (I still know more about them than most Miami fans know about the HEAT…Get out while you still can Israel!), however, the one thing that I can take credit for is getting Dale Arnold off the air. You see, just about a week after I left for Africa, WEEI shook up their line-up and removed the most boring radio personality on the face of the Earth. While I am still unable to find a direct link between the two, many signs point to this scenario being significant! Finally (and most importantly), hit the streets hard tomorrow and enjoy the parade!

P.S. I spotted a Dora the Explorer van in Mwanza a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, Tanzania doesn’t allow me to send pictures from my cell phone to the Web. Honestly, I think this would be the perfect mode of transportation for Adolpho’s Drunken Recaps…Visual evidence will be available in August!

P.S.S. I’m going to do my best to try and find Canucks “Championship” memorabilia…Please forward me along any possible 3rd World markets that you hear about as potential locations!

No comments:

Post a Comment